I sometimes wonder if I’ve been exposed to radiation when things like this happen: This morning I was wondering why it was that my vitamins are helping me not get sick, and making my nails very thick….but they don’t help me stay awake. ….Then I remembered that vitamins aren’t speed.
My thought for the day: “I guess I can always take comfort in the fact that I’ve had worse times….and I can take comfort in the brownies I just made.”
~There’s no denying it, people. I’m deep. If you need some comfort brownies, you can find the recipe here.
A Transcript of My Personal Insomnia
1am: Hey Mambo! Mambo Italiano. Hey Mambo! Mambo Italiano. Go go go, mixed up Scicliano. All you Calibrese, do the mambo like a crazy. With the hey mambo! Don’t want a tarantella…
1:30am: Shut up shut up shut up! Shut up shut up shut up! What was the name of that Mexican mouse that ran real fast? Gah! Shut up shut up shut up!
2:30am: All work and no play makes Vagabond a dull girl. All work and no play makes Vagabond a dull girl. All work and no play makes Vagabond a dull girl. All work and no play makes Vagabond a dull girl. All work and no play makes Vagabond a dull girl.
3am:RED RUM. RED RUM. RED RUM. RED RUM. RED RUM. RED RUM. RED RUM. RED RUM. RED RUM. RED RUM. RED RUM. RED RUM. RED RUM. RED RUM.
3:30am: Why don’t I write a blog post?! Yeah!!!
4:30am: (done with the post) Hmmm, the gym will be open soon. Maybe I’ll go work out…
4:40am: Drooling on my pillow.
To the people who are still in my life: I love you more than ever and appreciate your presence in my life. My loved ones, my beloved friends, I could not exist as I am without you.
To those who have gone: You affected my life in one way or another. During our time together, I hope I provided some happiness. Your absence might be for the best, and if not, then we will meet again. Live well, as I will. Be happy, as I will. Make others happy, as I will. And love, as I will.
Odd Things I Enjoy
- Putting a juicy grape between my teeth and biting it just enough to hear the pop…rotate and repeat.
- Narrate what I do in song. I know, I know. You all are thinking that sounds like someone from a tv show. Well, I was here first, people!
- Putting a frozen grape between my teeth and biting it just enough to hear the pop…rotate and repeat.
- Reading with the tv on.
- Sitting with one leg thrown over the arm of the chair….or the back of the couch. This is odd just because my legs are spread really wide apart, which isn’t the point, just a side effect.
- Sighing loudly right before I start to fall asleep..it’s really cartoon-y but relaxing.
- The feeling of skin. (Ohhh yeahhhh, chika-chika). No, seriously; it’s not a sexual thing. Laying against someone’s chest or having and arm wrapped around their stomach is so comforting.
- Saying things like “terribly delicious”, “wonderfully terrifying”, anything that sounds like something Sherlock would say, and finally, saying “hello” like Mrs. Doubtfire.
- And…I really enjoy Folgers Coffee commercials.
Possible Reasons Why More People Read My Blog On Tuesdays
- They went to work on Monday, did all their work, and now they have nothing to do.
- After being busy at work on Monday, they are catching up on Facebook and see that I’ve posted 3 new blogs since the last time they visited vagabondinservice.wordpress.com
- After coming to work on Monday, they realized how much they hate their jobs and are looking for anything to do besides work.
- Via facebook.com/VagabondInService I’ve poked them until they have no choice but to read the blog.
- Their computers only work on Tuesdays.
- In a different country, it’s actually Wednesday, the official slack-off day.
- They took a 3 day weekend.
- They had Lasik surgery on Monday, and the first thing they chose to see clearly was my blog.
- Due to the inordinate amount of alcohol they drank over the weekend, they called in sick on Monday, and on Tuesday promptly avoided work by reading the blog.
- Their kid decided the laptop needed a bath, so therefore they bought a new one Monday night.
Ode to My Bike
I ride upon you, so pretty and plum
Even though sometimes you do hurt my bum.
With a ding of your bell and blinking rainbow lights
The world knows I’m coming to see all the sights.
Zipping down a hill my hair blowing in the breeze
I race around town, happy as you please.